People who do not prefer to eat too much sweet and avoid eating pancakes for this reason now they can try this savoury pancake recipe. Since I entered into this virtual world I have started experimenting more on varieties of food items. I picked up Zucchini as I read it is a very good source of protein, vitamin and minerals. So I decided to include in our diet and thought of including in pancakes and while searching I landed to this page. Zucchini Cheese pancake is a very good breakfast, brunch or snack option for kids as well as adults. I loved the taste of this savoury pancake. Next time I will try some other recipe with zucchini. I added cheese here to make it more kid’s friendly but you can avoid it.
Zucchini-Cheese Pancakes / Savoury Pancake Recipe
Zucchini – 1 medium, grated
All purpose flour – 1 cup
Cheddar Cheese – 1/2 cup, grated
Eggs – 2
Onion – 1 medium, chopped
Black pepper – 1 teaspoon
Butter – 3 to 4 tablespoon
Salt to taste
1. Grate zucchini and place it in a colander. Sprinkle some salt and leave it for 10 minutes to drain off the excess moisture.
2.Squeeze zucchini and place them in a mixing bowl.
3. Now add flour, chopped onion, salt and pepper into it.
4. Add grated cheese and mix well.
5. Beat two eggs in another bowl and add it to the mixture. Mix them well.
6. Heat a non-stick pan and grease it with butter.