Macher Dimer Bora | How to make Bengali Fish Roe Fritters
Macher Dimer Bora or Fish Roe Fritters is a popular Bengali delicacy prepared by frying fresh fish roe with onion and other spices.
- 200 gms Fish Roe (Macher Dim)
- 1 small Onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Green Chilli, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 3-4 teaspoon Gram Flour (Besan)
- Salt to taste
- ¼ cup Mustard Oil for frying
- 1 tablespoon Coriander leaves (chopped) (optional)
Wash the fish roe under running water and drain the water & keep it in a bowl.
Now add chopped, onion, green chilli, coriander leaves turmeric powder, salt, and gram flour into the fish roe. Make a uniform mixture using a spoon or your hands.
Heat oil in a pan and drop spoonful of mixture one by one and frying both the sides until turned golden.
After frying both the sides, take them out from oil on a kitchen towel to soak the excess oil.
Serve hot as a starter or snacks.
- Clean fish roe properly before cooking it. Check how to clean fish roe.
- If the sac remains in the fish roe, it might splutter hot oil. Hence, cover the pan while frying it.