Easy Christmas Cake
Every year I bake this soft, moist and Alcohol-free Easy Christmas Cake which is spiced and loaded with dry fruits and nuts.
- 3 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1½ cups Sugar
- 5 tablespoons Sugar to make Caramel
- 3-4 nos Eggs
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- ⅔ cup Unsalted Butter
- ½ cup Refined Oil
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 100 ml Apple Juice
Spices for Christmas Cake
- ½ teaspoon Cinnamon Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Nutmeg Powder
- ½ teaspoon Clove Powder
- ½ teaspoon Ginger Powder
Dry Fruits and Nuts (1 cup, Mixed)
- 2 tablespoons Golden Raisins
- 2 tablespoons Black Raisins
- 5 to 6 nos Apricots, chopped
- 8 to 10 nos Dates, chopped
- 5 to 6 nos Cherry, chopped
- 2 to 3 tablespoon Tutti Fruity
- 10 to 12 nos Cashew, chopped
- 1-2 tablespoon Walnut, chopped
Dry roast the chopped nuts and keep aside.
Sieve all purpose flour, salt and baking powder together. Keep the mixture aside.
Now take butter and refined oil in a bowl. Add sugar into it. Beat the mixture well.
Next add eggs one at a time and beat the mixture after the addition of each egg.
Now fold the flour mixture into the wet mixture.
After that add the soaked strained dry fruits and chopped nuts into the batter and mix well.
Finally add cooled caramel mixture and mix well. It will change the color of the batter.
Pour the batter in a tin line with butter paper.
Baking in Pressure Cooker
Baking in OTG or Microwave
Bake it in a preheated oven at 170 degree C for 40 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean.
You can also bake this cake in microwave convection mode at above mentioned temperature for 40 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean.