I heard lot about his drink since I came to food blogging but did not tasted it. Few months back mother-daughter duo visited a newly opened cafe in nearby mall. I saw virgin mojito in menu and immediately ordered it. Liked the taste very much and since then wanted to try it at home. I know it’s been long time but finally I tried it before we arrive to next summer 😛 Though recipe calls for crushed ice, I have used ice cubes. Many people use lemonade drink (Sprite/7up) instead of soda water. I have used soda water. If you are planning to use lemonade then cut down your sugar quantity as lemonade is already sweet.
Mint leaves – 15
Sugar – 4 to 5 tablespoon
Lemons – 1, sliced
Lemon Juice – 2 to 3 tablespoon
Ice Cubes- 6 to 8
Soda water as required
For garnishing – Mint Leaves & Lemon slice.
1. Take some mint leaves in a pitcher and muddle them. Add lemon slices and muddle again.
2. Next add sugar to it. You can add castor sugar which will easily dissolve.
3. Now mix lemon juice to it.
4. Add soda water into the mixture. Take the mixture in a shaker and shake it well.
5. In a glass, add the ice cubes and pour the mixture. Garnish the glass with mint leaves and lemon slice.