Egg Bhurji Pulao, also known as Scrambled Egg Rice, is a simple and delicious Indian rice pilaf made using basmati rice, spices, and scrambled eggs. You can also call this dish as Egg bhurji rice or Anda bhurji pulao. This is a quick, flavorful and filling lunch box recipe for kids as well as adults.
This may not be a popular recipe like egg biryani or egg fried rice, but trust if you try it once, you will definitely fall in love with this delicious quick meal. Actually, weekdays are busy and I have to to two food boxes for daughter breakfast and lunch. This kind of quick meals are really helpful.
One day I thought of making egg fried rice for her lunchbox but when I checked pantry I did not have any veggies. So I thought let’s make scramble eggs pilaf and surprisingly, the idea worked out and we all like this dish. since then I frequently prepare this dish for quick lunchbox meals. You can consider it as an easy dinner recipe too.
What is the difference between Egg Bhurji Pulao and Egg Fried Rice?
In egg fried rice, rice is cooked at first and later it is stir fried in a pan with other vegetables and eggs. In egg bhurji pulao, rice is cooked along with other spices and scrambled eggs. Spices are not used in egg fried rice except little soy sauce in some cases. Pulao is cooked with whole spices as well as other dry spice powders which gives distinct flavor to the rice.
How to prepare Egg Bhuriji Pulao?
Anyone can prepare this tasty egg bhurji pulao. You start making the dish by scrambling eggs. If you are an egg lover you can add more eggs to it. When you add the beaten eggs to the hot oil, keep stirring it otherwise egg will not be scrambled properly. Once it is done, take out the scrambled eggs into a plate and keep aside.
Heat the remaining oil and add bay leaf and whole spices to it.
Once the oil turns aromatic, add the chopped onions and cook them till they are translucent.
Next add ginger paste and cook it for few minutes. If you prefer garlic taste you can add that as well. However, I wanted to make it without garlic.
Now time to add all the dry spice powders including turmeric, red chilli, cumin, coriander, and garam masala powder). Combine them well.
Then add green chilli and chopped tomatoes into the spice mixture and cook until the raw smell is gone.
Add little water to avoid burning the spices and add soaked rice. Mix well with spices.
Finally add required water and scrambled eggs. Also, check the salt now.
Cook it under medium to high flame by covering the pan with a lid until the water dries up.
After the water is dried up, add ghee and chopped coriander leaves on top. Allow to rest the pulao for 10 minutes by covering the lid. Later gently fluff up rice using a fork and serve hot.
Can I add vegetables to Egg Bhurji Pulao?
I simply don’t like vegetables in my anda bhurji pulao rather I would prefer to have vegetable pulao. This is a personal choice and the reason I don’t like to add vegetables in this pulao because each vegetable has its distinct taste but I love only the taste of egg in my scrambled egg pulao. Although, if you want to add vegetables, you can add vegetables like carrot, beans, green peas, etc.
How to serve Scrambled Egg Rice?
Scrambled egg rice is a complete meal in itself. Practically, you don’t need any side dish to serve along with this pulao. However, you can pair it with raita and salad.
More Egg Recipes
Egg Bhurji Pulao | Scrambled Egg Rice
- 2 nos Eggs
- 1½ cup Basmati Rice
- 1 no Onion, large finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Ginger Paste
- 1 no Tomato, small chopped
- 1 no Green Chilli
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- ½ teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
- 1 teaspoon Coriander Powder
- ½ teaspoon Cumin Powder
- ½ teaspoon Garam Masala Powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 no Bay Leaf
- 1 inch Cinnamon
- 2 nos Clove
- 1 no Cardamom
- 3-4 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 1 teaspoon Ghee
- 1 tablespoon Coriander leaves chopped
- Wash and soak the rice for 10-15 minutes.
- Heat 2 tablespoon oil in a pan and add the beaten eggs into it.
- Add little salt and keep on stirring to make the eggs scramble.
- Once the eggs are scrambled, take them out.
- Now heat the remaining oil in the pan and add bay leaf & whole spices (cinnamon, cardamom, clove) into it.
- Next add chopped onions and cook them till they are translucent.
- After that add ginger paste and cook for few minutes.
- Later add all the dry spices (turmeric, red chilli, cumin, coriander & garam masala powder) and salt. Combine them well.
- Now add green chilli and chopped tomatoes and cook until the raw smell is gone.
- Add little water at this time and add soaked rice. Mix well with the spices.
- Add required water and scrambled eggs. Taste the salt now.
- Cook under medium to high flame by covering the pan with a lid.
- When water is almost dried up, add ghee and chopped coriander leaves on top and allow t rest it for 10 minutes.
- After that, gently mix with a spatula or fluff up the rice with fork and serve.
PIN to read it later!
Also find us on:
Facebook | | Pinterest | Twitter | Instagram
If you are trying any of our recipes, we would love to see the pictures of your dishes. Tag us in any of our Social Media Handles or use #motionsandemotions. You can also send us your feedback and pictures at: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.