Here are some sweet chutneys…
Red Plum Chutney
Roasted Red Bell Pepper and Tomato Chutney
Red Bell Pepper – 1
Tomato – 1
Salt to taste
Sugar – 1 teaspoon
Refined Oil – 1 tablespoon + few drops for greasing
Curry Leaves – few
Mustard Seeds – 1 teaspoon
Red Chilli – 1 or 2
1. Brush little all over the red bell pepper and tomato.
2. Now roast each of them over the flame by slowly rotating all the sides.
3. Allow to cool them and slowly remove the skin.
4. After that chop the skin out roasted bell pepper and tomato.
5. Take the chopped vegetables in a blender add red chilli, sugar and salt and make a smooth paste. If required add little water into it.
6. Take out the smooth paste in a bowl.
7. Heat oil in a pan and add curry leaves and mustard seeds. Once they start crackling add the oil along with curry leaves and mustard seeds on top of the roasted bell pepper and tomato paste (tadka).
7. Heat oil in a pan and add curry leaves and mustard seeds. Once they start crackling, add the paste and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
8. Chutney or dip is ready to serve.