For the first time I had prepared red lentil soup and it was really flavourful and I think often I will prepare it. I never thought that addition of some onion, garlic and tomato while boiling our simple dal can add the awesome flavour to the soup. The hot soup basically the taste of it really boosted my energy level and I was feeling much better than before. So now learn to prepare this simple red lentil soup here.
Red Lentil Soup / Masoor Dal Soup
Red Lentil/ Masoor Dal – 2/3 to 1 cup
Onion – 1 medium, chopped
Garlic Cloves – 4 to 5, chopped
Tomato – 1 small, chopped
Red Chill Powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Salt to taste
Refined Oil – 11/2 teaspoon
Black Pepper Powder – 1 teaspoon
Butter – 1 dollop
1. Wash the dal and drain the water. Keep aside
2. Now heat oil in a pressure cooker and add chopped onions and garlic. Saute for sometime till the onions are translucent.
3. Next add tomatoes and cook until the raw smell disappears.
4. Add salt and red chilli powder. Mix well.
5. Now add washed dal in to the pressure cooker and add required water. While adding water keep in mind that the soup will not be thick or runny.
6. Close the lid and wait for 2 to 3 whistles under medium flame.
7. Switch off the gas and allow to release the pressure automatically. Now open the lid and allow it to cool.
8. After cooling take the mixture in a mixture jar and blend till it becomes smooth.
9. Some people prefer to strain the soup but I did not strain it.
10. Now heat a pan and boil the soup, add black pepper powder at this stage.
11. Serve hot with a dollop of butter on top.