Is that sounds perfect or weird?
According to me the above statement sounds just perfect. Life is full of incidents, accidents, joy, sorrow and lot of emotions. Each emotion has its own colours, isn’t it true! As we say are you feeling blue or we also say Monday blues ;). We relate sorrow with black and peace is indicated by white. So I am able to explain one part of this statement. What about the remaining part? Yes I am coming to it.
Veggies are not always green in colour. We know other colour veggies as red tomato and orange carrot! However, there are lot of colourful vegetables apart from red tomato or orange colour carrot.When I was kid that time we have not seen so many colourful vegetables. Nowadays you can name many coloured veggies including red & yellow bell peppers, yellow zucchinis, purple cabbages and many more! Even few years back these veggies were not easily available in top metro cities in India. But the leading retail chain supermakrkets are making them easily available. Sometimes I think if few years back if somebody would have ask me have you seen a purple cabbage, I would have thought him/her mad! :):)…
Today I am sharing a simple recipe of purple cabbage. It is a stir fry recipe with very less spice. You can have this stir fry either with rice or roti.
Purple Cabbage Stir Fry
Purple Cabbage – 1 (around 300 gms), sliced
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 teaspoon
Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Cumin Seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
Onion – 1 medium, chopped
Refined Oil – 3 to 4 tablespoon
Sesame Seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
Salt to taste
1. Soak the sliced or chopped cabbage in water for 5 minutes and later drain the water.
2. Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds.
3. Once they start making sounds, add chopped onions and fry till they are translucent.
4. Now add slice purple cabbage and cook under medium flame. Keep on stirring.
5. Add salt, turmeric powder and red chilli powder. Mix them well and cover the pan for few minutes.
6. I have not added water and after sometime the cabbage became soft. Sprinkle some sesame seeds and mix well. Switch off the gas now.