Potato Masala Sandwich / Aloo Masala Sandwich is today’s recipe. Weekly once I prepare sandwich for breakfast. This time I tried Potato Masala Sandwich / Aloo Masala Sandwich. The stuffing was similar to masala dosa stuffing. If you have leftover dosa masala from previous day, you can easily re-use it by stuffing them in bread and make a delicious sandwich. I prepared fresh dosa masala and stuffed them in bread to prepare Potato Masala Sandwich / Aloo Masala Sandwich. Here is the simple recipe for our readers.
Potato Masala Sandwich / Aloo Masala Sandwich
Potato – boiled, 2 cups
Curry Leaves – 7 to 8
Coriander Leaves – chopped, 2 teaspoon
Sambar Masala – 11/2 teaspoon
Turmeric Powder – 1 teaspoon
Green Chilli – 1 teaspoon. chopped
Salt to taste
Mustard Seeds – 1 teaspoon
Onion – Chopped, one medium
Bread – 8 to 10 slices
Butter – 2 to 3 tablespoon
1. Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds and curry leaves to splutter. Add chopped onions and green chilli.
2. After 5 minutes add turmeric powder, chopped coriander leaves, sambar masala and salt. Mix them well.
3. Finally add mashed boiled potato and mix with the spices. Add little water and boil it for some more time. When it become dry switch off the gas and allow it to cool.
1. Lightly apply butter on one side of all the breads.
2. Now take 2 tablespoon of stuffing and spread one the other side (not the buttery side) of the bread.
3. Cover it with another bread, keeping the buttery side on top. Similarly prepare the other breads.
4. Now toast them in sandwich maker or heat a non stick or grill pan and toast both sides until they are golden.