My little daughter is not exceptional and it is her favourite colour too. She requested a pink colour cake during her summer holidays. When a request come from 3.5 years, can you say no to it? I know you start searching the recipe as I did the same. I was planning to make red velvet cupcakes for quite sometime and finally I decided to prepare pink velvet cuppies. I have not done frosting on my cupcakes but still I would love to call them cupcakes as it was soft and moist texture not crumbly like muffins. Next time I thought of frosting these cupcakes with white or dark chocolate ganache or traditional cream cheese frosting.
Pink Velvet Cake / Pink Velvet Cupcake / Pink Velvet Cupcake without Frosting
All Purpose Flour – 21/2 cups
Unsalted Butter – 1 cup melted
Eggs – 3
Butter Milk – 1 cup
Sugar – 3/4 cup
Salt – 1/4 teaspoon
Baking Soda -1/2 teaspoon
Baking Powder – 11/2 teaspoon
Vanilla Essence – few drops
Pink Gel Colour – 1/4 teaspoon
1. Take butter and sugar in a bowl and cream until the mixture becomes light and fluffy.
2. Add eggs one by one and beat the mixture after adding each egg.
3. Add vanilla essence and pink gel colour and beat once again.
4. In another bowl sieve the dry ingredients flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Mix them well.
5. Now in wet mixture slowly add the dry mixture along with buttermilk. Mix properly after each addition.
6. Pour the batter in lined muffin moulds and preheat oven for 10 minutes at 180 degree C.
7. Bake it for 25 minutes at 180 degree C or until a knife comes out clean when inserted in cake.
8. Allow them to cool and serve as it is or frost them using your favourite frostings.