In few restaurants they add dry coconut in the gravy of pepper chicken masala but we do not prefer it, so avoided it completely. If you wish you can add it….
Pepper Chicken / Pepper Chicken Gravy / Pepper Chicken Masala
Chicken – 1/2 kg
Onion – 2 big size, chopped
Ginger Paste – 2 paste
Garlic Paste – 1 teaspoon
Curry Leaves – 7 to 8
Coriander Powder – 2 teaspoon
Black Pepper Powder – 1 tablespoon
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Green Chilli – 2 to 3
Salt to taste
Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Tomato – 1 medium, chopped
Refined oil – 4 to 5 tablespoon
1. Marinate the chicken with salt for half an hour.
2. Heat oil in a pan and add curry leaves followed by chopped onions.
3. Once the onions are translucent add the chicken pieces. Reduce the flame and once the chicken pieces turn white in colour add ginger and garlic paste and green chilli.
4. After sometime add all the dry spices (turmeric, red chilli, salt, coriander) and hald of the pepper powder. Mix them well and allow them to cook covering with a lid. Stir in between to avoid burning at the bottom.
5. Next add chopped tomatoes, garam masala powder and remaining black pepper powder. Cook until tomatoes are soft.
6. Add 11/2 cup of water and boil for 10 minutes. If required you can add little more water for gravy before boiling it. Switch off the gas and serve hot with roti or naan.