I know this question strikes in every school going mother’s mind… We (moms’) are always worried about our kid’s health. How do you feel when they bring back their lunch box as it is! I know it increases our worries… Normally, my daughter finish her lunch box but few days back she was often bringing back half of the snacks. I was trying to understand the reason. She eats very slow and by that time she finishes no time left for garden playing!! Now this was a real concern…I somehow made her understand if you don’t finish faster then you won’t be strong enough to play in the garden..As of now it worked…But I also heard from parents saying they don’t like the tiffin so they didn’t eat.. Thankfully till now it did not happen with our daughter. So for those moms I got a new recipe of sandwich which is tasty and healthy too. We often prepare paneer bhurji as a side dish of roti. I have stuffed paneer bhurji and prepared paneer bhurji sandwich.
Paneer Bhurji Sandwich
Homemade chena/ cottage cheese – 11/2 cup
Turmeric Powder – 1 teaspoon
Onion- 1 medium, chopped
Ginger – chopped, 1/2 teaspoon
Tomato – 1 small, chopped
Green Chilli – 1 teaspoon chopped (Optional)
Coriander Leaves – chopped, 2 tablespoon, (Optional)
Cumin Powder – 1 teaspoon
Cumin Seeds – 1 teaspoon
Coriander Powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Salt to taste
Sugar – 1/2 teaspoon
Refined Oil – 2 tablespoon
Bread Slices – 8
Butter – 2 tablespoon
1. Heat oil in a pan add cumin seeds. Once they crackle add chopped onions and saute.
2. Next add chopped gingers and tomatoes. Add a pinch of sugar. Cook until the raw smell of tomato is gone.
3. Later add turmeric powder, cumin, salt and coriander powder. Add mashed chena or grated paneer. Mix well with masalas. If required add little water.
4. Finally add chopped chilli and coriander leaves. Allow the stuffing to cool.
5. Lightly butter one side of each bread. Now keep the filling on the side where you have not applied butter and cover with other bread keeping the butter side on the top.
6. Do the similar procedure for remaining breads. Now put the breads in the sandwich maker or toast the both side on non-stick pan.