If you are using Mandarin variety orange the color of the cake will be darker yellow whereas if you are using locally available oranges (Nagpur or Darjeeling etc India) you will get a lighter color. You get mild flavour and aroma of orange in every bite of this cake. However, if you prefer strong aroma, you can use orange essence. The juice of orange you are using should not contain any seeds which may spoil your cake and effort. Avoid grating the peel from one place. Rotate the orange from all sides and grate only the top part of the peel otherwise it might give bitter taste to your cake. Now check out the recipe of Orange pound cake.
Orange Pound Cake
All Purpose Flour – 21/2 cup
Eggs – 2
Sugar -1 cup
Vanilla Extract – few drops
Baking Powder – 2 teaspoon
Orange Juice – 1/2 cup
Orange Zest – grated, 1/4 teaspoon
Cooking Butter – 1/2 cup
Salt – 1/8 teaspoon
Refined Oil – 2/3 cup
1. Prepare your pan greasing with butter and lining with butter paper.
2. Sieve all the dry ingredients (except sugar) together.
3. Now take melted butter in a pot and add sugar. Mix them well.
4. Next add eggs one after another. Beat well and add vanilla extract.
5. Now fold the sieved mixture in to it. Add orange juice to it while folding. Avoid any lump formation.
6. Finally add orange zest and mix well.
7. Pour the batter in to the prepared pan. Preheat oven at 160 degree C for 10 minutes and bake it for 30 to 40 minutes or until the tooth pick comes out clean.
8. Allow to cool and unmould the cake.
9. Slice the cake and serve or store.