You can prepare them over the weekend and carry in a small snack box and eat whenever hungry. The recipe calls for very few ingredients and it is an eggless version. Even you can enjoy these oats digestive cookies with your evening tea on a relaxed weekend.
Oats Wheat Flour Digestive Cookies / Oats Digestive Cookies / Eggless Oats Digestive Cookies
Whole Wheat Flour / Atta – 1 cup
Oats Meal – 1 cup
Butter – 100 gms
Baking Powder – 1 teaspoon
Powder Sugar – 3/4 cup
Milk – 1/4 cup
1. Take oats into mixer grinder and make a fine powder.
2. Now take oats powder, whole wheat flour, baking soda and powder sugar in a bowl. Mix them together.
3. Add melted butter and mix it again. It will form breadcrumb like texture.
4. Finally add little little milk and knead a smooth dough. Do not add all the milk once at a time. Use the milk as required not more than that.
5. Allow the dough to rest for 10 minutes. Now roll the dough into a thin sheet (2 to 3 mm) and cut using a round cookie cutter. Prick the middle of the cookie using a fork.
6. Now place them on a tray lined with butter paper.
7. Preheat oven at 180 degree C for 10 minutes and bake them for another 10 minutes keeping on middle rack. Cool them and store in air tight container.