Sometimes I do not prepare any chutney or sambar for idli. I prepare Masala idli which can be eaten just like that. Have you ever tried it? If not you should get your hands on masala idli soon. Even if you have leftover idlis, this is an easy way to give a makeover to the leftover idlis.
Fresh Idlis/ Leftover Idlis – 8
Onion – 1 medium, chopped
Spring Onion – 2 to 3 stalks, chopped
Capsicum – 1 big, Dice
Green Chilli – chopped, 2 to 3
Tomato – 1 medium, chopped
Coriander Leaves – chopped, 2 tablespoon
Curry Leaves – 5 to 6
Mustard Seeds – 1 teaspoon
Turmeric Powder – 1 teaspoon
Chaat Masala – 1 teaspoon
Ginger Paste – 1 teaspoon
Refined Oil – 2 to 3 tablespoon
1. Take the idlis and make four pieces from each idli. Keep them aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds and curry leaves. Allow them to spatter.
3. Next add chopped onion and fry till translucent. Add chopped capsicum, chilli and spring onion.
4. After some time add ginger paste, turmeric powder, chaat masala and salt. Saute them and add chopped tomatoes.
5. Cook until the tomatoes are soft. Finally add idli pieces and mix well with all the spices.
6. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.