When you have sudden guest and you do not have any dessert to serve post meal, you can try mango kesari during the season of mangoes. We are typical sweet lovers though I have reduced the amount of my sweet intake. But our daughter enjoys every bite of sweet so I keep preparing sweet dishes.
I prepared Mango Kesari and packed in my daughter’s lunch box along with masala dosa. I get feedback of from the little one, everything I send her. After returning from school she inquired me what was that sweet dish you gave it had a taste of mango and suji (semolina) was also there. I smiled and replied it is called Mango Kesari. She said it was very tasty you should often prepare that :).. So now it’s your turn to prepare the easy and tasty Mango Kesari.
Ripe Mango – 1 medium
Semolina – 1/2 cup
Sugar – 3/4 cup
Cardamom Powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Saffron – a pinch
Cashew Nuts – 6 to 8
Ghee – 3 tablespoon
1. Peel the mango and cut into small pieces. Take the pieces in blender along with sugar and cardamom powder and make a smooth paste.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon ghee in a pan and roast the cashew nuts till golden. Keep them aside.
3. Now heat the remaining ghee and add semolina/rava to the pan and dry roast well.
4. When the colour turn golden, add water as required.
5. Now add mango puree and saffron strands in it and allow to boil. You can cover it with a lid.
6. When the water almost dries up, switch off the gas and allow to cool it down.
7. After that serve it garnishing with cashew nuts on top.