I was not familiar with kiwi even few years back. I just came to know about kiwi when supermarkets in Bangalore started selling this fruit. Later my parents went a trip to Arunachal Pradesh and they visited the orchards where kiwis are cultivated in a large scale. I started purchasing kiwi from the supermarkets and initially I did not know how to purchase kiwi. I bought unripen kiwis which are quite sour in taste. I did not like the taste. Later I had a kiwi fruit cake where the decorated kiwis were sweet in taste. I was surprised! Then slowly I learnt how to buy kiwis. You should go for slightly brown color skin than green color skin. Ripen kiwis are soft —this is one more way to pick the ripen kiwis. If you are using the ripen kiwis for the kiwi cooler use less amount of sugar in the drink. It is better to prepare this drink and serve immediately. It actually keeps the fresh taste of the fruit and the freshness of the lemon juice.
Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
Kiwi – 3 nos
Sugar – 2 to 3 tablespoons
Soda – 3 cups
Water – 1/2 cup
Lemon Juice – 1 tablespoon
Ice cubes – few
1. Peel all the kiwis. Slice one kiwi in round slices and keep aside.
2. Chop remaining 2 kiwis and put them in blender and make smooth paste.
3. Add sugar, lemon juice and water into the blender and blend once again.
4. Now put ice cubes in the glasses and pour the kiwi paste equally in both glasses.
|Before pouring the soda in the glass|
5. Finally pour soda in both glasses, it creates layer in glass and decorate with kiwi slices.