How was your weekend? What did you do over the weekend? I had a busy weekend as like always. I had to finish off my writing projects, some house hold work as my temporary house help took a day leave, organizing the mesh as it get on dumped over the week and long-pending visit to a friend’s house. Huhh! Apart from that I had my regular routine work and cooking. When I got up in the morning I realized in between all these task I forgot to soak the rice and dal for the dosa batter which was supposed to be our breakfast in the morning. I had few sandwich bread slices and curd in my refrigerator, so immediately I planned for Instant Bread Dosa. As I was in hurry I served Instant Bread Dosa with tomato ketchup. Sharing this easy instant breakfast recipe just for Motions and Emotions readers.
Instant Bread Dosa
White Sandwich Bread – 6 pieces
Semolina – 1/4 cup
Rice Flour – 1 teaspoon
Curd – 11/2 tablespoon
Curry Leaves – 3 to 4
Ginger -chopped, 1 teaspoon
Salt to taste
Green Chilli – chopped,1/2 teaspoon
Refined Oil – 1 tablespoon
1. Trim the brown colour edges of the bread and sprinkle water on them.
2. Now in a grinder take semolina, curd, rice flour, chopped ginger, green chilli, curry leaves and make a smooth paste by adding little water.
3. Add soaked breads in the grinder and make a smooth paste. If require add little water.
4. Now when you got a dosa consistency batter, add salt into it and mix.
5. Heat a non stick skillet add little oil and take a ladle full of batter and spread over the skillet. Cook on high heat and add some oil on the top and edges of the dosa. When one side is cooked flip the other side after 2 to 3 minutes. Cook the other side similarly and serve with your favourite dip or chutney
You have to be little careful while spreading the batter. Try to make small size dosa instead of big one to avoid the tearing.
Bread dosa will little soft and fluffy, not crispy like the normal dosa.