I have boiled the chicken 50% which reduce your marination time. Sometimes though you marinate the chicken for longer period of time due to the improper heat distribution during frying chicken may not be well cooked from all the side. So this is a major concern however if you half boil the chicken you can easily overcome this problems. In methods I have used salt in different stages and every time I used it in limited quantity. If you think you can add more salt in one step let me tell you that is not going to work. Limited use of salt in every stage will help to cook the chicken in different stages as well as salt penetrates in each layers and makes your chicken tasty. So what are you waiting for? Try Fried Chicken/ KFC style Fried chicken at home and share your feedback with me!
Fried Chicken / KFC style Fried Chicken
Chicken – 400 gms, leg piece, wings, (With bone pieces)
Lime Juice – 2 teaspoon
Salt to taste
All purpose flour – 1 cup
Oregano – 1 teaspoon
Mixed Herbs (Dried) – 1 teaspoon
Garlic Powder – 1 teaspoon
Ginger Powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Red Chilli Powder – 1 teaspoon
Black Pepper Powder – 1 teaspoon
Eggs – 2
Milk – 2 tablespoon
Black salt – 1 teaspoon
Refined Oil – 3 cups for deep frying
1. Marinate the chicken pieces with lime juice and salt for 30 minutes.
2. Next half boil (50%) the marinated chicken pieces and drain the water and pat dry them using kitchen towel.
3. Now beat eggs along with milk and add salt into it.
4. Mean while in a bowl mix all purpose flour, salt to taste, garlic powder, ginger powder, red chilli powder, black pepper powder, oregano, and mixed herbs. Keep it aside.
5. Now take this flour mixture in a paper bag.
6. Next dip the boiled chicken pieces in the egg-milk batter and place the chicken pieces into the flour mixture bag and shake well. You can put few pieces (2 to 3 pieces) at a time, so that all the pieces get coated well.
7. Take out the chicken pieces from bag and tap the chicken pieces so that the extra flour can be removed.
8. Follow the similar steps for the remaining pieces. Keep the coated chicken pieces in refrigerator for 10 to 15 minutes.
9. Heat oil in a wok and deep fry the chicken pieces in low to medium heat until they are golden brown. Serve them with ketchup.
NB: Avoid frying all the chicken pieces at a time. Only place 2 to 3 pieces at a time.
Once they are fried, take them out on a kitchen towel to soak the excess oil.
Avoid high heat as it can burn the chicken pieces from outside remaining the uncooked inside.