This recipe I have adapted from a facebook food group and the name of the lady is Vibha. She claims it is no fail vanilla cake and it is true! I tried and tasted and my verdict is it is awesome.
Eggless Vanilla Cake
Maida – 2½ cups
Baking Soda – 1 tsp
Baking Powder – 1 tsp
Powdered Sugar – 2 cups
Butter – ¾ cup (170 gm), softened
Yogurt – 1 cup, room temp
Hot Milk – ½ cup
Vanilla Essence – ½ tsp
1. Preheat the oven at 180 degree C for 10 minutes before baking.
2. Sift together maida, baking powder & sodium bicarbonate.
3. Use softened butter or melt it. Beat the butter, powdered sugar, hot milk, yogurt, and vanilla essence till light & fluffy.
4. Now its time to fold in the sifted flour.
5. Line your cake tin with butter paper and grease with butter.
6. Pour the batter in the tin (8 inch).
7. Now bake it in the preheated oven for 25-30 mins or until the toothpick inserted comes out clean.