Sugar cookies are best for Christmas season. Festive mood is in the air because this is a perfect holiday time. Schools are closed and most of the IT companies have announced their shutdown. Everywhere you can see lot of decorative items, stars, Christmas goodies and most importantly baked goodies (Plum cakes, cookies, savouries, etc). From amateur to experienced bakers are trying new new recipes everyday. So I thought this is the best time bake some sugar cookies. I tried the eggless version and this time without icing. After reading my post, you can also prepare this sugar cookies as it requires basic ingredients available at your kitchen. Give a surprise to your family this Christmas. Wish you Merry Christmas. Keep reading 🙂
Eggless Sugar Cookies
All Purpose Flour – 11/2 cup & little more flour (1/4 cup) extra for dusting
Melted Cooking Butter – 1/2 cup
Sugar -1/2 cup
Milk – 1/2 cup (Use as required)
Salt – 1/2 teaspoon
Vanilla Essence – 1/2 teaspoon
Baking Powder – 2 teaspoon
1. Preheat the oven at 180 degree C for 10 minutes. Prepare the Baking sheet lining with butter paper and greased with butter.
2. In a dry vessel mix flour, salt and baking powder well.
3. Take melted butter in another bowl and add sugar into it. Cream the butter and sugar using electric beater or mechanical mixer.
4. Add vanilla essence and mix well. Now fold dry ingredients into butter-sugar mixture. At a time add little amount of milk and make a smooth dough. Avoid adding all the milk at a time and if the 1/2 cup is not enough you can use little more.
5. Now cover the dough with a cling film and keep it in refrigerator for 15 to 20 minutes. You can also use a covered plastic box to keep the dough in refrigerator.
6. Then taking out from refrigerator roll out the dough on your kitchen slab using rolling pin. Thickness of rolled out dough should not be too thin or thick. Then using cookie cutter make different shapes cookie and transfer them to prepared baking tray.
7. Bake them for 8 to 10 minutes. Keep watching them while baking otherwise they might be overbaked. Allow them to cool and store it in a air tight container.
This measurement gave me 30 cookies again yield depends on the size and thickness of each cookie.