Cold coffee is a well-known chilled beverage prepared using coffee, sugar and milk/water. Making of cafe style cold coffee at home is really quick and easy. Go through the detailed recipe and learn the process of making the cold coffee with expert tips.
Most of the couples love to spend a quality time together and they prefer to go in a cafe or coffee lounge. Now there are lot of coffee retail chains in India and over the weekends you find all the outlets are overcrowded. Sometimes the price of a tall glass of coffee burns our pocket too!
You may not always like to go out but for that you don’t have to sacrifice your cravings for a glass of cold coffee.
Before learning the step-by-step recipe, let’s discuss in detail about cold coffee with few FAQs. When I first visited India’s first coffee retail chain more than a decade ago, I was bit puzzled by seeing their menu and didn’t know what to order from their long menu list. Thankfully, each of the items (read coffee varieties) has clear description about the ingredients present in it.
I am big fan of coffee from my school days, so each time I visited coffee retail chain outlet I tried different flavors of coffee. Has someone done similar behavior like mine? Let’s start from the very basic questions.
What is Cold Coffee?
Cold coffee is nothing but Iced coffee and is a type of coffee beverage served chilled. It was first originated in mid-19th century and evolved since then.
What are the different varieties of cold coffee?
There are many varieties of cold coffee. including Cappuccino, Irish Coffee, Americano, Turkish Coffee, Mocha, Caramel, Hazelnut and many more. Each one taste different from the other and there is also difference in the making process. Sometimes the difference is subtle and sometimes it’s a major difference. However, each one tastes awesome to a coffee lover like me.
Now it is really difficult to make out and remember each difference for common people. Recently, I visited a café which beautifully portrayed the different flavors of coffee. I immediately clicked the pic and sharing with you all.
Hope you folks find this image helpful to know your coffee. For me, it was a real quick guide to know my coffee.
According to the above list, here I have shared the basic cappuccino cold coffee recipe with vanilla ice cream.
Can I prepare my cold coffee without ice cream?
In this recipe, I have only topped the coffee with vanilla ice-cream. You can totally avoid that.
However, some recipe calls for blending of ice-cream along with milk and coffee decoction to give a creamy texture to the coffee. You can skip this and use heavy whipped cream.
Generally, ice-cream or whipped cream adds extra creaminess in your coffee. If you want to avoid both, in that case add chilled full fat milk. If you are cold sensitive, you can avoid adding crushed ice too.
Which coffee is recommended for cold coffee preparation? Instant coffee or filtered coffee.
You can use either of them, however, instant coffee makes your job really easy. If you are obsessed with filter coffee, then always use freshly brewed filtered coffee decoction. Avoid using left-over decoction.
On hot summer days if you are planning for cold coffee in the evening just prepare the coffee decoction in advance and keep it in the refrigerator and make the cold coffee in a jiffy. You can decorate your glass or coffee absolutely your own way.
Easy Cold Coffee Recipe
- 4 teaspoon Instant Coffee Powder
- ⅓ cup Powder Sugar
- 2 cups Milk
- 7-8 Ice Cubes
- 2-3 scoops Vanilla Ice-cream
- 3-4 teaspoon Chocolate Syrup
- 2 cups Water
- Prepare coffee decoction by adding 4 teaspoon of instant coffee powder in hot water.
- Add powder sugar into it and mix well.
- Allow to cool the decoction and later keep it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Take two tall glasses and randomly decorate the glasses using chocolate syrup.
- Now place 3-4 ice cubes in each glass.
- Equally divide the coffee decoction and pour in each glass.
- Fill the remaining portion of the glass by adding chilled milk and stir.
- Finally, add a scoop of Vanilla Ice-cream on top and decorate with chocolate syrup.
- To make the cold coffee creamy you can take coffee decoction, milk and vanilla ice cream in a blender and blend it. Later serve it with topping more vanilla ice-cream scoops on it.
- Also if you want exactly like cappuccino, do not pour the milk at once. Instead add half the milk to the coffee decoction and stir. Now take the remaining milk and pour it from little top to create froth on top your coffee. Otherwise, you can use a whisk to create the froth and later add it on top of your coffee.
PIN to read it later!
Also find us on:
Facebook | | Pinterest | Twitter | Instagram
If you are trying any of our recipes, we would love to see the pictures of your dishes. Tag us in any of our Social Media Handles or use #motionsandemotions. You can also send us your feedback and pictures at: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.