Finally, did you plan for some sweets and savouries for your family members and guests? Still time is there you can prepare some yummy dishes. Here I am sharing a snack recipe which you can prepare and store for few days. Yes I am talking about Sukhi Kachori / Dry Kachori. Sukhi Kachori is nothing but deep fried crispy balls stuffed with spicy mix of gram flour along with dry fruits. You can prepare them in large batches and store them. List of ingredients may be little long but if you open your spice cupboard, I am sure you will definitely find all of them. Before putting on the flame I will suggest you to keep all the ingredients next to you to avoid burning of gram flour.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 1 hr
Dry Kachori / Sukhi Kachori (Yield 12 Kachoris)
For Outer shell
Maida – 11/2 cups
Refined Oil – 31/2 tablespoon
Salt to taste
Gram Flour – 1/2 cup
Cashew Nuts – chopped, 1/4 cup
Almonds – chopped, 2 tablespoon
Raisins – 15 to 20
Tamarind Pulp – 2 tablespoon
Jaggery – grated, 1 teaspoon
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 teaspoon
Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Roasted Cumin Powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Dry Mango (Aamchur) Powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Black Pepper Powder – 1/4 teaspoon
Salt to taste
Poppy Seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
Coriander Seeds – 1 tablespoon, crushed
Fennel Seeds – 1 tablespoon
Powdered Sugar – 2 tablespoon
Mixture / crushed gathiya – 2 tablespoon
Refined Oil – for deep frying + 1 tablespoon
1. Mix maida, salt and 31/2 tablespoon of oil and knead a smooth dough.
2. In a small bowl take tamarind pulp and add jaggery powder into it. Keep it aside.
3. Heat oil (1 tablespoon) oil in a pan and dry roast the gram flour until the raw smell is gone.
4. Now add all the ingredients for stuffing except mixture, salt, sugar and mix of tamarind pulp.
5. Saute the ingredients over low flame for few seconds.
6. Finally add mixture/crushed gathiya, mix of tamarind pulp, salt and powder sugar.
7. Mix them thoroughly and switch off the flame.
8. Allow to cool the stuffing for few minutes.
9. Now divide the dough into 12 equal balls.
10. Roll each ball into a thick circular disk.
11. Put 1 teaspoon of stuffing in the centre of the disk and seal all the edges.
12. Grease your palm with oil and give it a shape of ball by rolling between palms.
13. Heat oil for deep frying. Fry balls under low flame till they are golden brown in colour.
14. After frying take them out in a kitchen towel for the absorption of extra oil.
15. After cooling kachoris can be stored in air tight container.