Coming to the recipe, you can make it spicy by adding some chopped green chilies but I avoided it as our daughter cannot eat spicy much. This not an eggless recipe however, you can substitute egg with yogurt (Though I have not done it, so you need to do the experiment 🙂
Corn Cheese Muffins / Savoury Muffins
All Purpose Flour/Maida – 1 cup
Corn Kernels – 1/2 cup, boiled
Green Peas – handful, blanched
Cheese – 1/2 cup
Salt to taste
Coriander Leaves – chopped, 2 tablespoon
Eggs – 2
Milk – 1/4 to 1/2 cup
Refined Oil – 1/4 cup
Baking Powder – 1 teaspoon
1. Sieve flour and baking powder together and keep aside.
2. Now take a mixing bowl and add refined oil, salt and coriander leaves and whisk them well.
3. Beat the eggs in another bowl and add it to the mixture and mix well.
4. Now slowly add the flour mixture into the wet mixture and fold it using a spatula. Also add milk into the mixture while folding. Do not add the milk at a time, use as it is required.
5. After that add, boiled sweet corn kernels, boiled green peas and grated cheese and fold them.
6. Now take lined muffin pans with paper liners or silicon moulds (greased) and fill with 3/4 th portion of batter.
7. Bake them in a preheated oven (180 degree C, 5 minutes) for 20 – 25 minutes or unless a toothpick comes out clean.
8. Serve warm with sauce or dip or just like that.