Coriander Rice / Kothamalli Sadam / Dhaniya Rice
Basmati Rice – 1 cup
Coriander Leaves – 11/2 cup tightly packed
Green Chilli – 2
Ginger – 1 inch
Garlic – 3 to 4 pods
Onion – 1 Big size, finely chopped
Cashew Nuts – 8 to 10
Bay Leaf – 1
Salt to taste
Ghee – 1 tablespoon
Refined Oil – 2 tablespoon
1. Cook the basmati rice before hand. Each grains of rice are separate after cooking. So the rice should be 70 to 80% cooked.
2. Now wash the coriander leaves properly. Take them in grinder along with ginger, garlic, green chilli and make a fine paste.
3. Heat a kadai and pour ghee. Roast the cashew nuts and keep them aside.
4. Add oil in that remaining ghee. Once the oil is hot add bay leaf followed by chopped onions and fry till they are translucent.
5. Next add the ground paste and cook until the raw smell is gone.
6. Finally add cooked rice and roasted cashew nuts and mix it well. Serve hot with curd or raita or pickle.
Note: You can also cook it in pressure cooker. In that case do not cook the rice in advance. Follow the step 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5. After that add uncooked rice and adjust the water. Allow 2 whistle in medium flame. Once the pressure is released you can served it hot.