Maida (Flour) -11/ 2 cup
Salt – 1/4 teaspoon
Milk – 1/2 cup (use as required)
Sugar – 3/4 cup
Refined oil – 1/2 cup
Baking powder – 1 tesapoon (If baking powder is old put little more)
Eggs – 2, large
Vanilla – 1 teaspoon
Unsalted Butter – 50 gms (If Unsalted butter is not available use regular butter and don’t add salt separately)
1. At first take maida in a mixing bowl and add salt & the baking powder and mix it thoroughly.
2.Take melted butter, refined oil and sugar in a bowl and stir it until it dissolves.
3. Now add the maida mixture slowly into this pan and keep on stirring it, so that there should not be any lump in the mixture.
4. After that add the eggs one after another. Beat well.
5. Now add vanilla flavour and mix it properly. (You can also try rose or butterscotch flavour).
6. Add little quantity milk and fold it again until you get a smooth batter consistency.
7. Now take a aluminum bowl which can go inside your pressure cooker.
Grease the bowl with little oil and fix the butter paper inside the
8. Then, pour the mixture into the bowl slowly. Leave one inch gap
from the edge so that your cake can get the space to increase in size.
9. Now keep a steel stand inside your cooker and place the bowl on
it. After that close the lid of the cooker and place it on gas in slow
heat. Do not use the socket and whistle of the cooker.
10. It will take almost 30 -40 mins. In between you open the lid and
check with knife whether your cake is ready or not. If your knife comes
out easily that means your cake is ready. Now open the lid and keep it
on gas for 5 mins.
11. Keep it for cooling and then take out the bowl and the cake will come out easily.