Before learning the step-by-step cold coffee recipe, let’s discuss in detail about cold coffee with few FAQs. When I first visited India’s first coffee retail chain more than a decade ago, I was bit puzzled by seeing their menu and didn’t know what to order from their long menu list. Thankfully, each of the items (read coffee varieties) has clear description about the ingredients present in it. I am big fan of coffee from my school days, so each time I visited coffee retail chain outlet I tried different flavours of coffee😀. Has someone done similar behaviour like mine 😎? Let’s start from the very basic questions.
What is cold coffee?
Cold coffee is nothing but Iced coffee. It is a type of coffee beverage served chilled. Cold coffee was first originated in mid 19th century and evolved since then.
You can try this easy cold coffee and surprise your partner. You can arrange a table for two in your garden or terrace or balcony. You just need very simple ingredients to make cold coffee at your kitchen.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Cold Coffee Recipe or How to make Cold Coffee at home? or Recipe of Iced Coffee
Instant Coffee Powder – 5 to 6 teaspoon
Powder Sugar – 1/3 cup
Milk – 3 cups
Vanilla Ice Cream – 4 scoops
Ice – 1/2 cup, crushed
Chocolate Sauce – 3 teaspoon
1. Prepare coffee decoction by adding 3to 4 teaspoon of instant coffee powder in hot water. Allow it to cool and keep it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes
2. Place ice (equally divided) in each glass.
3. Now take the cold coffee decoction, chilled milk, sugar powder, crushed ice, 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream in a blender and blend well.
4. Take to long glass and randomly decorate the glasses using chocolate syrup.
5. Pour the coffee mixture in each glass top them with scoop of vanilla ice cream and sprinkle little coffee powder or chocolate sauce on top. Cold Coffee is ready to serve.
PS: You can also use heavy whipped cream instead of ice cream but it makes your process a bit lengthy.