Happy Diwali to all the readers…
I know I am late….I am really away from blogging for some time due to various reasons.. I couldn’t connect with you all for long time. Tell me how are you all doing ? How was your diwali and what all did you prepared during this diwali?
I was away from blogging but not from cooking …he he…So these days I did prepare lot of things which I am going to share in coming days….As you all now I always prefer to prepare simple, easy and tasty dishes. So this diwali I have prepared a new variant of ladoo, it is coconut papaya ladoo. I have used raw papaya in this ladoo recipe. Now many of you ask (my friends also asked) why I have used papaya?
The answer is just for the taste change. I know you all must be bored of eating same coconut ladoos. Addition of papaya gives a good twist to the taste and you will love it. One of my friend who does not eat papaya ( I came to know this after I told the ingredients) she could not make what it was but she said it was different than normal coconut ladoo and tastes good. So it was satisfaction to a food blogger who could do a magic ;). We do ea tutti frutis which is also prepared from papaya. The taste of this ladoo is a mix of coconut, tutti fruiit and petha flavour. This is completely my opinion which might differ from others.
Try this new flavour ladoo at home and share your feedback and picture of the dish…
Coconut Papaya Ladoo
Coconut – scrapped, 2 cup
Raw Papaya – Grated, 1 cup
Sugar – 2/3 cup
Desiccated Coconut – 2 to 3 tablespoon
1. Heat a wok over flame and add grated papaya on that. Reduce the flame and stir it for 3 to 4 minutes.
2. Next add scrapped coconut into it and mix them well.
3. Keep on stirring the mixture for few more minutes.
4. Now add sugar and keep on stirring.
5. After some time the sugar will start to dissolve and it will start binding with coconut-papaya mixture.
6. Cook the mixture until all the moisture evaporates and then switch off the gas.
7. Allow to cool the mixture for some time and later shape them in rounds like ladoos.
8. Spread the desiccated coconut in a plate and roll the prepared ladoos on it.
9. Ladoos are now ready to serve.