Recently I prepared coconut burfi and specifically I should say two ingredient coconut burfi. This is an age old sweet and no fancy required. Only hurdle of making this sweet is to scrap the coconut. Preparation time is more more this recipe but cooking time is very less 10 to 12 minutes. Then you need to give some resting time to the dish which is 1 to 2 hours. Instead of square shape you can make them round and in Bengali we call it ‘Naru’. Normally naru is prepare with coconut and jaggery. Here is the recipe of gur r narkel naru. Now I will share the recipe of how to prepare two ingredient coconut burfi or chinir narkel sandesh.
Coconut Burfi / Two ingredient Coconut Burfi
Coconut (scraped) – 2 cups
Sugar – 2/3 cup to 1 cup
Cardamom Pod – 1 or 2 (Optional)
Ghee for greasing plate
1. Take scraped coconut in a pan and add sugar into it. Mix them well.
2. Now switch on the gas and keep on stirring until the sugar dissolves and gives a sticky texture to the mixture.
3. In the mean time grease a plate and keep it ready.
4. When the sugar dissolves you can crush a cardamom pod and throw into the mixture to get lovely aroma and flavour. You can avoid this if you don’t like cardamom.
5. After 8 to 10 minutes coconut and sugar is properly mixed with each other. Now you can pour the mixture on the greased plate and give square shape and allow it to cool.
6. Once it is cooled you can cut square shapes of burfi using sharp knife. You can store them in air tight container.