Past few days cake is in my mind! Last week one of my friend who wanted to bake a cake and wanted me to share a recipe. She was going to bake a cake for the first time in her life, so I gave her my mother’s cooker cake recipe which I did when I baked my first cake almost 10 years back. Considering the first attempt her cake came out well. I was bit tensed when she was baking, I mean hope you understand the feeling that you have shared your experience and wait to see the result. Does it happen with you too? If I have to coin the right word I would say it’s teacher kind of feeling.😊
How to make chocolate banana cake?
Chocolate Banana Cake preparation is very easy. If you follow below recipe the step-by-step, you can prepare a good chocolate banana cake. Unlike banana cake recipe, it is not an eggless recipe. However, you can replace the eggs with curd.
How is texture of Chocolate Banana Cake?
Chocolate Banana Cake is moist in texture. Banana also gives dense and chewie texture.
How Banana Chocolate bread is different from Chocolate cake?
Banana gives a wonderful flavour to the chocolate cake and makes the cake moist in texture. If you try this chocolate banana bread, I am sure you will repeat it.
Can I bake this cake in Microwave or pressure cooker?
This chocolate banana bread you can prepare anytime of the year and you can serve it as snack, dessert or even as breakfast with a glassful of milk. Actually, few weeks back initially I decided to bake Eggless butterless banana loaf , but my daughter had a request of making a chocolate cake so I prepared chocolate banana cake. Why I was so desperate to make banana cakes? I had few overripe bananas which I wanted to use. I used few to prepare our favourite Mangalore Buns and remaining used for chocolate banana cake.
While preparing the cake it is important to smash the banana. I used blender to mash it completely like puree. If some wants to avoid chocolate chip, but I would say addition of those choco chip made the cake so chocolaty. Try this recipe and please share your feedback with me. You can share the cake images I will share in my FB and Instagram handle.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 60 minutes
Servings: 8 to 10 slices
Chocolate Banana Cake
All-purpose flour/ Maida – 2 cups
Unsweetened cocoa powder – 3/4 cup
Unsalted Butter – 1/4 cup melted
Baking powder – 11/2 teaspoons
Baking soda – 1/4 teaspoon
Salt -1/4 teaspoon
White sugar – 11/4 cup
Eggs – 2 large, at room temperature
Ripe bananas – 2 large robust bananas, mashed
Milk – 1/4 cup, at room temperature
Vegetable oil – 1/2 cup
Vanilla essence – few drops
Choco chips – 1/2 cup
1. Preheat oven at 170 degree C for 5 minutes. Grease a loaf tin and line with a butter paper and keep aside.
2. Take a bowl and sieve all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Keep aside.
3. In another bowl take melted butter and oil together.
4. Add sugar into it and cream it well.
5. Next add eggs one at a time and beat well.
6. Add few drops of vanilla essence and mix well.
7. Next add dry ingredients mixture in to wet ingredients and add milk as required and fold them.
8. Take 1/4 cup of chocochip and mix with the batter.
9. Pour the batter in the prepared loaf tin and sprinkle the remaining chocochip on top.
10. Bake in the oven at 170 degree C for 35 to 40 minutes or unless a toothpick comes out clean.
11. Allow to cool it and later unmould and cut it.