Last week when we purchased shrimp I decided this time I will prepare something different. Because every time I prepare Prawn Malai Curry because my husband love it. I had some yellow and red bell peppers in my pantry so immediately I decided the menu —– Chilli Prawn and Bell Pepper Fried Rice. Believe me the combination came out just awesome. This combination took very less time and you can enjoy a restaurant style food at home. Sometimes smart thinking helps to get the pat on your back :). Everyone at home enjoyed the meal. If you are deciding a party or small get together and if your guests love prawn you can definitely try this dish.
Chilli Prawn / How to make Chilli Prawn
Medium Size Prawns – 15 to 16 nos (approx. 300 gms)
Chilli Sauce – 11/2 tablespoon
Salt to taste
Corn Flour – 5 tablespoon + 1 tablespoon
Black Pepper Powder – 1 teaspoon
Dark Soya Sauce – 2 tablespoon
Spring Onion – 1/2 cup, chopped
Capsicum – 1 small, cut into strips
Garlic – 5 to 6 pods, chopped
Ginger – 1 inch, chopped
Green Chilli – 3 to 4 , cut longitudinally or you can chop them
Sugar – 1 teaspoon
Lemon Juice – 1 tablespoon
Refined oil for deep frying and cooking
1. Wash and clean the prawns properly and marinate them with salt, chilli sauce and lemon juice for 15 to 20 minutes.
2. Now take 5 tablespoons of cornflour in a bowl and coat the prawns into it.
3. Heat oil for deep frying and fry the cornflour coated prawns under medium heat and after frying take them out in a kitchen towel to absorb the extra oil.
4. Dissolve 1 tablespoon of cornflour in half cup of water and keep aside.
5. Heat a pan and add 2 tablespoon of oil into it.
6. Once the oil become hot, add chopped garlic and ginger and saute for few minutes.
7. Next add chopped spring onions ( keep 1 tablespoon for garnishing), green chilli, and capsicums. Saute them on high heat for 2 minutes.
8. Add salt, sugar and pepper powder and mix well.
9. Finally add the corn flour dissolved in water and cook for a minute to coat all the prawns.
10. Switch off the gas and serve it in a plate garnishing with chopped spring onions.