Preparation Time: 5 mins
Cooking Time: 30 mins
Chena r Murki / Paneer Cubes Coated with Sugary Crust
Paneer (cottage cheese) – 200 grams
Sugar – 2/3 cup
Milk – 1 tablespoon
Icing sugar as required
1. Cut the paneer in to very small cubes like dice shaped
2. For the syrup, cook the sugar with equal amount of water, stirring continuously, till the sugar dissolves completely.
3. Next add the milk in sugar syrup. Collect the scum, which rises to the surface with a ladle, and discard. Cook the syrup till it attains a one-string consistency.
4. Now add the cottage cheese and cook till the syrup coats the cubes well.
5. Finally switch off the flame keep swirling till the sugar syrup dries and cubes are thickly coated with the syrup and separated from each other.
6. Arrange the cubes in plate and allow them to cool down completely. Later sprinkle liberally with icing sugar and mix lightly.
The sugar should be coated properly on the cottage cheese pieces. The mixture should be allowed to cool down properly to avoid breaking of the pieces.