Today I am sharing a broccoli recipe. We often think what can we prepare using broccoli so here is broccoli cheese paratha which is very yummy and the best part is you don’t need any other sides to finish it off. Broccoli cheese paratha is a very good option for your kid’s lunch box. Broccoli and cheese is really a great combo which often used in other recipes. I have added mixed herbs to give an Italian flavour to out desi paratha. Many people prepare broccoli paratha without blanching and frying the broccoli. However, I have blanched the broccoli florets and prepared the stuffing by sauteing it.
Broccoli Cheese Paratha
Broccoli – 1 cup florets
Onion – 1 medium , chopped
Cheese – 1/2 cup, grated
Mixed Herbs – 1 teaspoon
Ajwain – 1/2 teaspoon
Salt to taste
Black Pepper Powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Refined Oil – 2 tablespoon
Whole Wheat Flour – 11/2 to 2 cups
Refined Oil – 1 tablespoon
Salt to taste
Water to Knead the dough
Refined Oil for frying
1. Take whole wheat flour / atta in a bowl and add salt & oil. Add required water and knead a smooth dough. Allow it to rest for at least 15 minutes.
2. Blanch the broccoli florets and drain the water. After cooling chopped the florets.
3. Now heat oil in a pan and add ajwain or carom seeds.
4. Next add chopped onion and fry till they are translucent.
5. After that add chopped blanched broccoli and add salt to taste.
6. Saute for some time and finally add grated cheese and mix it well. Switch off the gas immediately and allow the stuffing to cool.
7. Now make big lemon size balls from the dough and roll them in circle just like roti. We will make it like half circle paratha. So place the filling at the bottom half circle and close it with the other half circle (It will look similar if you fold a circular roti into half). Seal the sides properly.
8. Heat a skillet and fry the parathas with oil and serve it hot with pickle or sauce or you can eat just like that.