I am not complaining about cold because this is the season we get lot of fresh produce and varieties of Winter veggies. Do you love veggies too? Being a pure non-vegetarian, I have grown up in a family who relish vegetarian meals. My mother has more affinity towards a vegetarian meal than a non-vegetarian and the reason we grew up in a similar manner.
Due to moderate climate condition, we get almost all the vegetables throughout the year. However, the price of the vegetables definitely vary depending on the season. But if you wish to have something at any point of year, your wish will be full filled and this is another reason Bangaloreans are lucky.
When I see colourful vegetables in the market I end up buying all the varieties including broccoli, baby corn, three colour bell peppers, spring onions and many more . After putting them into fridge I start thinking about some recipes using those vegetables. There are some usual recipes using these veggies however, I am a food blogger and my hands itch to try something new every time. I had some chicken breast pieces which we normally use in fried rice, noodles, pizza or soup as we prefer bony pieces in our curry.
Immediately I thought of creating a Chinese style chicken recipe with loads of vegetables. I named the dish Broccoli Baby Corn Chicken in Soya Sauce which is a medley between chicken and vegetables. Chicken breasts are apt for this recipe and it goes very well with fried rice or noodles. People like me who are non-vegetarian and love eating vegetables this is the perfect dish for them. So if you have bought all varieties of vegetables like me and don’t know how to use them up, try this broccoli baby corn chicken in soya sauce and you will repeat it. People who are purely vegetarian can replace chicken with tofu or Paneer or even soya chunks.
Broccoli Baby Corn Chicken in Soya Sauce
Chicken – 400 gms, boneless medium pieces
Broccoli – 1 cup florets, blanched
Baby Corn – 6 to 7, cut into halves
Capsicum – cut into cubes, 1/2 cup
Red Bell Pepper –cut into cubes, 1/2 cup
Yellow Bell Pepper – cut into cubes, 1/2 cup
Onion – 2 medium, cut into cubes
Garlic pods – chopped, 1 teaspoon
Spring Onion – 3 tablespoon, chopped
Green Chilli – 2 to 3, sliced
Soya Sauce – 2 teaspoon
Tomato Ketchup – 1 tablespoon
Dry Red Chilli – 2 to 3, cut into pieces
Black Pepper Powder – 2 teaspoon
Salt to taste
Sugar – 1/2 teaspoon
Corn Flour – 1- 2 tablespoon (use as required)
Lime Juice – 2 teaspoon
Refined Oil – 1/2 cup or as required for deep frying
1. Marinate the chicken pieces with lime juice, black pepper powder and salt for 30 minutes.
2. Now heat oil in a wok and sprinkle corn flour on the chicken pieces and deep fry them. Drain the oil and keep them on kitchen towel to soak the extra oil.
3. Reduce the oil on the wok and keep 2 to 3 tablespoon of oil and add the chopped dried red chillies.
4. Next add chopped garlic and once they are golden add the onion cubes.
5. Add a pinch of sugar and cook under medium flame.
6. Once the onions are translucent add all three bell peppers, baby corn and broccoli and cook under high heat. Add salt at this stage.
7. Next add spring onion, green chilli and black pepper powder. Toss them well.
8. Now add fried chicken pieces and mix well.
9. Next add tomato ketchup sauté for 2 minutes. After 2 minutes add soya sauce.
10. Now dissolve 2 teaspoon of corn flour in chicken stock or water and add in the pan. Allow to boil and taste the salt.
11. After 3 to 4 minutes switch off the flame and sprinkle some chopped spring onion on top and serve hot.