How was your day? I know some people might say there should not be any prefixed day for love…Yes true everybody has their own way to show their love.. However, today was our wedding anniversary! Can’t believe we have completed eight years of our married life…So the day is definitely special for us..
It was a weekday and my better half took leave from work! So we went out for lunch ….This time we didn’t plan for dinner as everybody will go for dinner and the place will be overcrowded! Next day school and office day, so we enjoyed our lunch…I tried baking a special cake last night for my dear partner but it didn’t come out well so I ordered it from a shop which was awesome.. This was a small morning surprise for my better half…
Coming back to today’s recipe… Steamed Yogurt or Bhapa Doi is a Bengali classic dessert…Earlier Bhapa doi was prepared by steaming method…In modern days it can also be prepared by baking in oven. I have shared both recipes.. You just need few ingredients and it is an easy method, give it a try! I just love the texture and smoothness of Bhapa doi.. Many people prefer different flavours including mango, strawberry in bhapa doi…I will try them soon…
Bhapa Doi / Baked Yogurt
Hung Curd – 3/4 to 1 cup
Milk – 1/2 or 2/3 cup
Condensed Milk – 200 gms (small can)
Vanilla Essence – 2 to 3 drops (optional)
1. Take a large pan and whisk hung curd & condensed milk together.
2. Next slowly pour the milk and whisk again. Add vanilla essence or cardamom powder (optional).
3. Pour the mixture in bowls. I have used two ramekins and two ceramic bowls.
4. Cover the mouth of ceramic bowls with aluminium foil. Pour 2 cups water in a steamer and keep inside the steamer. Steam for 20 to 30 minutes. Check it with a toothpick if it is cooked properly. Allow it cool and put it in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours and serve it.
4. Keep the ramekins on a baking tray filled with water. Ramekins should be half immersed. Bake it in a preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes till the tooth pick comes out clean. Allow it cool and put it in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours and serve it.