We do worship of Lord Ganesh, however we do not celebrate it at home. Since I am in Bangalore for past eight and half years I really enjoy the essence of this festival. And interestingly, we have started Pandal hoping (as we do for Durga Pooja) from past two to three years as our daughter loves it even we do enjoy it.
Bappa loves Ladoos! So this Ganesh Chaturthi I have prepared Besan Ladoos. This is an easy and quick recipe you can prepare today also. I have prepared a small batch and given the ingredients accordingly. You can always multiple them according to your numbers. Here is the video for this besan ladoo recipe:
Besan – 1 cup
Powdered Sugar – 1/2 cup
Cardamom Powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Pistachios – 7 to 8 chopped
Ghee – 1/4 cup + little more to grease palms
1. Sieve the besan and keep aside.
2. Heat a pan or wok and add ghee into it.
3. Once the ghee melts, add the besan into it and keep on stirring.
4. After 8 to 10 minutes you will start getting nice aroma. At this point switch off the flame and allow to cool.
5. Add cardamom powder into the mixture and mix well.
6. After few minutes of cooling down when the mixture is warm (so that you can handle it) , add sugar powder and mix well.
7. Now grease your palm and divide the mixture in 5 to 6 equal portions and give them a shape of ladoo.
8. Garnish them with chopped pistachios and serve them or store them in air tight container.