Bengali Style Bonde / Sweet Boondi / Bonde Recipe
Besan – 1 cup
Water – 1/2 cup to 2/3 cup
Cooking Soda – a pinch
Rice Flour – 2 tablespoon
Food Colour (Red and Yellow) – 2 drops each
Refined Oil – 2 cups
Sugar – 1 cup
Water – 1/2 cup
Cardamom – 2
1. Take water and sugar in a pan and boil to dissolve it. While boiling add cardamom seeds to get nice aroma.
2. Now take besan, rice flour and cooking soda in a bowl. Make a smooth batter adding water into it. Batter should not be runny and it should not have any lumps.
3. Take a small portion of batter and add red color into it. In the remaining large portion add yellow colour. This step is absolutely optional.
4. Now heat oil in a kadai. Take a perforated ladle (In Bengali, we call it chanta). Hold the ladle just top of the oil. Add little batter into it and rotated over the oil so that drops come out from the each perforation. Fry them till little golden. Take them out and dip into prepared sugar syrup. Do this process for the remaining batter.
5. Allow the boondis to soak sugar syrup for 30 minutes to one hour and later serve it.