Dry fruits are the popular gifts for diwali. Assorted dry fruits packs or sweets made of dry fruits are very common during diwali. I am presenting these dry fruits in a totally new avatar of truffles. Here is an easy and interesting recipe of Apricot Cranberry and White Chocolate Truffles.
I know I am sharing Diwali recipe a bit late but this is a winner recipe believe me. It won’t take much time to prepare. Though I prepared this much ahead to share with you all but I was stuck with lot of work and our daughter was not well. Today when I went to Monday market, it was flooded with all Diwali Puja samagri (Puja items, Diyas, Rangolis and many things). Then I realized oh today is dhanteras and I haven’t shared the Diwali post yet.
So don’t worry if you haven’t done anything for Diwali obviously you can purchase from super markets but I would say you can prepare this Apricot Cranberry and White Chocolate Truffles and surprise your near and dear ones. Glance through the ingredient list quickly and land to the nearest supermarket and pick the items. You can prepare these truffles in no time. It’s no-fail recipe and everyone will like it. These truffles have the touch of tradition as well as look modern! Aren’t they perfect for Diwali celebrations. Make it and share the feedback to me.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 1 hr
Yields: 12 to 13
Apricot Cranberry and White Chocolate Truffles
Dried Apricots – 1 cup, finely chopped
Dried Cranberry – 1/2 cup
Cashew nuts – 10 to 12, roasted and crushed
Condensed Milk – 2 tablespoon
White Chocolate – 125 gms, grated
Colourful Sugar Balls – 1 tablespoon
1.Take chopped apricots, cranberries and crushed nuts in a bowl and mix them well.
2. Next add condensed milk into the mixture and combine well.
3. Refrigerate the mixture for 10 to 15 minutes.
4. Take out and make lemon size balls and place them on a tray lined with butter paper. Once again refrigerate them for 10 to 15 minutes.
5. Take grated chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and micro for 1 to 2 minutes to melt it.
6. Now take out the balls from the refrigerator and dip each ball into melted chocolate to coat all over and place it on the butter paper lined tray. Use forks or spoons to dip the balls into melted chocolate.
7. Immediately sprinkle some colourful sugar balls on it.
8. Repeat the same process for all the remaining balls.
9. Refrigerate them once again for 15 minutes or unless the chocolate are set.
10. Take them out from the butter paper and use a sharp knife to remove the excess chocolate accumulated at the bottom of the truffle.
11. Now store them in an air-tight container for a week in the refrigerator.